Our Sixth Form offers a broad range of A Level and BTEC Level 3 courses. Our dedicated Sixth Form team are committed to providing outstanding pastoral support and a culture of academic excellence for the young people in our care. Our Sixth Form is an inclusive one and, despite being a Catholic school, we are a multi-faith community and welcome applications from students of any faith or none. We think of ourselves as a learning family and provide a nurturing, close-knit environment where the uniqueness of each student is celebrated and enhanced.
Ofsted Nov 2022: “Everyone here describes the school community as being a family. Positive and supportive working relationships are displayed in abundance.”
When you ask our students, what makes our Sixth Form stand out, there are recurring themes:
- The caring, dedicated staff who provide excellent academic and pastoral support on an individual level.
- The strong sense of community and atmosphere of mutual respect and care, where students feel that their voice is truly heard.
- The Supervised Study periods, which they say really help them to stay on top of their workload.
- The way in which the school supports their applications to university, including the support for those applying to competitive universities like Oxford and Cambridge, to conservatoires, overseas universities or for competitive degree-apprenticeships.
- The opportunities that they get to participate in extra- and supra-curricular activities, including the opportunity to be part of our award-winning gospel choir.
When we ask our staff the same question about our school, invariably at the top of the list is the students themselves. Our students are ambitious, giving, considerate and studious. They make our Sixth Form a very special place to study. The students here help one another, respect one another’s right to learn and celebrate one another’s achievements and cultural differences. In doing so, students will find a community that encourages them to achieve their best and become the best versions of themselves.
I very much look forward to welcoming you to be part of our community.
Meet the Head Teacher